I went to Applebee’s for lunch one day and happened to see their Oriental Chicken Salad on the menu and decided to give it a try. OMGoodness it was amazing. To this day it is my favorite salad. It is all because of that dressing. I loved it so much that when I came home I decided to try to look up a copycat recipe, figured it can’t be that hard. This is what I found, I have no idea where I found it. I have been making this recipe for several years now. It is my husbands favorite as well. This recipe is for 1 salad…I usually triple the ingredients so we are sure to have enough. Hope you enjoy.
3 tablespoons Honey
1.5 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
1/4 cup mayo
1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
1/8 tsp. Sesame Oil
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup corn flake crumbs
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 to 4 cups Vegetable oil for frying
1 pound of chicken breast
Bag of Salad ( I use 2 )
bag of shredded carrots
Small can of Mandarin Oranges
You can also just saute your chicken instead of using the recipe for the breading, to make it healthier.
1. Blend together all ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl. Put dressing in refrigerator to chill while you prepare the salad.
2. Preheat oil in deep fryer or deep pan over medium heat. You want the temperature of the oil to be around 350 degrees.
3. In a small, shallow bowl beat egg. add milk and mix wee.
4. In another bowl combine flour, with corn flake crumbs, salt and pepper.
5. Cut chicken breasts into strips. Dip each strip into egg mixture then the flour mixture, coat each piece completely.
6. Fry each finger for 5 minutes or until coating has turned golden brown.
7. Pour salad and carrots in a large bowl and toss.
8. Place salad on a plate, top with sliced almonds, a few mandarin oranges, rice noodles and drizzle the dressing over the top.