I absolutely love Mexican food. It has to be my favorite. Even better is being able to put EVERYTHING in the crock pot and then having a delicious meal when you come home from work. Or if you are like me, a stay at home mom…. smelling this amazing meal cooking through out the day. I altered a few things in this recipe because I wanted it to be more of a Mexican meal but you can find the original recipe here if you would like to see what I left out.
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1 pkg. frozen peas (the small pkg.)
- 1 can (16 oz) tomatoes
- 1 8oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- 1 can corn (undrained)
- 1 can chili beans (undrained)
- 1 can kidney beans (undrained)
- 1 bag of BBQ Fritos
- Brown your hamburger meat until cooked completely. Add to your crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours
- Serve topped with fritos, shredded cheese and with sour cream if you like.
My family LOVED this dish. We loved it so much that nothing was thrown away. We ate it for lunch the next day, dinner again and I had some for lunch the next day and it was just as delicious every time as it was the first night. This recipe will be added to my menu to make more often.