I love a french dip sandwich!! So when I came across this recipe I had to try it. It is amazing! Only a few ingredients, put in the crock pot and walk away. Then you have a complete meal and the dipping au jus is delicious!!
1 – 3 pound london broil
1 – tablespoon cooking oil
2 – 14 ounce cans seasoned beef broth with onion
1 – 0.6 ounce envelope au jus gravy mix
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
6 hoagie buns, split and toasted if desired
- Provolone Cheese
- Trim fat from meat. In a large skillet, brown roast on all sides in hot oil; drain off fat.
- In a bowl, whisk together broth, gravy mix, and pepper. Pour over meat in cooker.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 11 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 5 1/2 hours. Transfer meat to a cutting board. Slice meat across the grain and return to cooker to keep warm.
- Place provolone cheese on one side of the hoagie roll, place hoagie bun in the oven on broil, until cheese is melted. DON’T WALK AWAY or you risk burning your bread…
- With a slotted spoon, remove meat and serve on hoagie buns. Serve with bowls of cooking juices for dipping.
The meat is SUPER tender and the au jus is just delicious! I served mine with a side of chips but you could do french fries or anything else you would like.
Original recipe can be found here