I have not posted in a little while because I haven’t really made anything new or that turned out worth sharing, but I’m back!! I have an amazing Vegetable Beef Soup recipe to share that is super easy and turns out delicious!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 pounds london broil or whatever beef you prefer, cut into about 1″ cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 lb. potatoes (I like Yukon Gold), diced and (if desired) peeled
- 8 cups beef stock
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 Tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning, homemade or store-bought
- 1 teaspoon salt, or more/less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
In a large sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add half the steak and cook, stirring frequently, until well browned, about 2 minutes. Remove the steak with a slotted spoon and transfer to the bowl of a large slow cooker.
Add the remaining steak to the pan and cook until browned, then transfer to the bowl of a slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker, and stir to combine.
Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours until the steak and vegetables are all tender. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
The original recipe can be found Here ..I changed a few things to suit my families likes and dislikes. This soup is delicious, we ate on it for 2 days it definitely makes plenty.