This recipe is absolutely AMAZING!!!! I had no idea when I was making this, that it would taste as amazing as it does. The glaze is delicious. My husband and I both agree that this is the best pork we have ever tasted. My picky eater 7 year old son loved it as well. My husband requested to have it once a week! I will definitely be making this over and over again but I do believe next time I will try making it as pulled pork sandwiches!
You will not be disappointed with this recipe. The pork is extremely tender and the glaze has so much wonderful flavor!
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Mix together the seasonings : sage, salt, pepper and garlic, and rub over the tenderloin.
- Place 1/2 cup water in slow cooker, followed by the tenderloin, and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- 1 hour before the roast is finished, mix together the ingredients for the glaze in a small saucepan : brown sugar, cornstarch, balsamic vinegar, water, and soy sauce.
- Heat over medium and stir until mixture thickens, about 4 minutes.
- Brush roast with glaze 2 or 3 times during the last hour of cooking. (For a more caramelized crust, remove from crock pot and place on aluminum lined sheet pan, glaze, and set under broiler for 1 to 2 minutes, until bubbly and caramelized. Repeat 2 to 3 more times until desired crust is achieved.)
- Serve with remaining glaze on the side
I glazed the pork 2x the last hour it was cooking, then removed it from the crock pot after it had cooked for an hour. I placed the pork in a baking dish, glazed the tenderloin and broiled until the glaze started bubbling. I removed and glazed again, repeating the process until I achieved the beautiful caramelized pork I was looking for.
Original recipe posted here